Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Berger Zartbitter Chili


After an intense day at work, I felt the need to go to The Box for a special treat. I've certainly enjoyed all of these experiments at Lidl and Aldi, but occasionally one requires a truly refined chocolate to make a refined statement.

Today I chose Berger's Zartbitter Chili bar. When compared to the Caffarel chili, it's ever so slightly hotter, but not disturbing. Still quite pleasant. In terms of chocolatyness, it's a pleasant dark chocolate with not too much sugar and very smooth.

An Austrian company, I haven't found Berger chocolate anywhere except Germany or Austria. Austrian companies tend to be rather home-focused, and there aren't many who venture outside of Austria, much less beyond Germany. But Berger would certainly face problems, because their name is so similar to Scharffen Berger, a big name in chocolate worldwide. There's no connection as far as I've discovered.

Oh well, I'll just enjoy it while I can get it.


Reviewed: Berger Zartbitter Chili
Personality: Hot and a little mean
How to enjoy: A great bar to eat when you want a little kick. This would taste good with an iced drink, like say, a margarita.

Rating:
1: Better than sex
2: Little bites of heaven
3: Share with your best friend
4: Will do in a pinch
5: Halloween candy

Where to buy:
Germany: Salon du Cacao

No comments: